Removing Incorrectly Soldered Items

HELP! I have soldered a jump ring on to a PMC pendant but it looks bad.

How do I remove the jump ring?

I have used easy solder (silver solder and flux paste. Any suggestions on how best to attach a bail would be good to?


Comments for Removing Incorrectly Soldered Items

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Removing Incorrectly Soldered Items
by: Linda

Don't use solder. Just flux, and heat it.

You might have to use a torch. I have one from Bed and Bath that is a Creme Brulee burner that I use to fire PMC. It will get it hot enough to melt the ring or at least where the ring is attached.

If you can, leave the torch there for a couple of seconds to smooth things out if you aren't melting your project by now.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and create your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Questions - About Jewelry Making - General.

If you enjoyed this web page please "like" this page.  Thanks!